Sunday, March 19, 2006

Why I stopped going out................

While I was at Baxters for my birthday, I saw a gentleman at the bar and thought he was someone who I chat with from online (I thought I recognized him from his pic). He was a very tall gentleman with spikey dark hair. I went up to him and started talking to him, and quickly realized he was not who I thought he was. I was embarrassed, cause I don't know, I just felt like a fool. My friends were laughing too, after I explained that I had just gone up to a completely random stranger and said, "Are you online?"

Well later on in the evening, I saw the gentleman that I talked to online, speaking with the gentleman I mistook him for. I went up and said HI and introduced myself. He was very nice and all, but the gentleman I had spoke to earlier, acted very rude to me which I didn't understand.

Two days later when I'm in the chatroom, I get this conversation:

Dude: I know who you are
Me: uh oh
Me: is that a bad thing???
Dude: you were the short guy who was making fun of my date's hair!
Me: what, huh?
Dude: my date said you and your friends were laughing at his hair
Me: what, I know who your date was, the tall guy with the spikey hair. We weren't
laughing at his hair, my friends were laughing at me cause I went up to him thinking
he was someone else.
Me: Well, pls tell your friend I'm sorry if he took it the wrong way, we were not laughing at him.
Me: Though that explains why he was rude towards me later on that evening.
Dude: Well, if he would have said something, I would have done something about it!
Me: ok....................................
Dude: Don't get freaked out and all, but i'm very protective of him and he's been through a lot
Me: ok, well that's good. I would want my bf to be protective of me as well. Sorry that he's
been through a lot.
Dude: well I think he's the one
Me: that's good, well I wish you both the best. Hopefully things will be better for him with you
Dude: oh it is, I'm rich and hot.
Me: ok...........well at least you are confident
Dude: has nothing to do with being confident
Dude: I am what I am
Me: Ok, well I don't know you so I will take your word for it and again wish you both the best

See, stupid shit like this is why I do not date younger guys, and why I stopped going out!

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 20, 2006 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Yep, you're still very young, and seem better adjusted than a lot of guys.

But at 30 now, I'm just starting to date guys 'around my age'.

Previously I had never dated anyone who was less that 18 years older than me.

Though oddly enough, my ex was 30 years older than I am, and he still acted like that nutjob you talked to online, just goes to show age really doesn't account for everything.

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 7:25:00 PM, Blogger - E. S. P said...

I really like guys who are older. It's just a preference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home