Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Winter Wonderland or Prison of WHITE?

When I was younger, I loved the snow. You could not keep me inside long enough when that sticky cold white stuff lay all around me. Snow meant no school and plenty of fun. Living on a farm where you had 13 other kids to play with, you always found something to do. You could ice skate on the little pond off the river out back, ride three wheelers around with an innertube tied on, sled down the hills across the road, build igloos to hide in during the constant snowball fights. It was a cornucopia of events.



Now, snow means cleaning off cars, shoveling driveways, trying to get to work on roads that are complete sheets of ice. That's if your lucky. If it's too bad, it means being stuck inside until the storm is over. Snow means a run on the grocery store, where you are lucky to find a loaf of bread or gallon of milk left!

(Note: If you buy a grocery store, have a weatherman in your pocket. People go nuts when they hear storm, whether Hurricane, or Snow!)



There are no more "Snow Days." Lost are the days of youthful abandon, and in their place we are left with adult responsibilities. Just personal days or vacation days we have to use in their place.









Above are some pictures I took, while on my front porch during the snow
storm. I love how the snow has an almost cleansing affect. Unfortunately during that cleansing, it also trapped me inside of the house. Oh well, I got to catch up on some of my reading.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I escaped the snow! It's been in the low 80's this past week in L.A.

And you'll never know how thankful I am for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home