Monday, February 20, 2006

Surprise............

Ok, so it was my sophmore year in college and my friends from home came to visit. Catarina, Katrina and Bessie drove the hour and a half across the bridge to meet me at my apartment. I had just gotten off work from the dinner shift at the dining hall and was kind of tired. They looked at me and said, "We wanna go to a club." I felt obliged to take them.

We hopped the metro and rode into DC, specifically Dupont Circle. Now I had only been to Badlands a couple of times, and both times, Kenneth drove. So having three people asking me where to go, and me having no idea was quite frustrating. I asked a guy who was walking by, how to get to Badlands and he kindly told me the way.

We walked down about three to four blocks and turned right to find the club. There was a line, since it was cold and a Thursday night which meant it was college night. We got in line, and Cat and Trina kept looking at each other. When we just got up to the door where our id's were being checked, I turned around and said, "Oh, By the way this is a GAY CLUB, I'm GAY!" Immediately their eyes widened and their mouths formed O shapes.

Badlands came to be a place we frequented often, and we still have fond memories of it. (Half naked men dancing on boxes with six pack abs, and they could touch and watch.........the girls loved it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home