Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Disturbing

At the park while I was waiting for the rush hour traffic at the gym to clear out, I was reading my book when three boys somewhere between the ages of 7- 11 rode up on bikes. Two girls about the same age, were riding their bikes along the top ridge of the park. They started yelling to each other............

Boy 1: "Hey NIKKI!"

Nikki: "What?"

Boy 1: "I LOVE YOU"

Nikki: "No you don't, you just saying that cause Mark told you to"

The group of boys snicker.

Boy 1: "Hey NIKKI, I want to have SEX WITH YOU"

This sentence alone was disturbing. The girl immediately rode their bikes down to where the boys were.

Boy 1: "Would you go out with Mark?"

Nikki: "No!"

Boy 1: "Would you go out with Jeremy?"

Nikki: "No!"

Boy 1: "Why not, cause he is younger then you?"

Nikki: "Yeah!"

Boy 1: "Want to play dirty dirty dirty dare?"

Nikki: "Sure!"

At this point I turned on my car and drove off. I did not want to know what these children were about to do.

My first thought was: Where are these children's parents? I felt like I should have gone over there and grabbed each child by the ear and lectured them. My second thought was: What business do kids this young have, knowing about sex? Now I'm all about educating your children on everything about sex and answering their questions, but the way these children casually brought it up, like a kiss or a hug, it was clear that they did not understand fully what SEX was. What does this say about our society???

*Sidenote* On the news this morning, they stated that teen pregnancy was at an all time high. Correlation?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home