Monday, June 12, 2006

The Perfect Airport Pickup...Pt. 1

Last month, a friend of mine asked me if I could pick him up at the airport in June. I agreed. So Wednesday, I scheduled to leave work early to pick Henry up from the airport. I wanted it to be a “perfect airport pickup”

That’s when I started thinking about that Seinfeld episode, “The Airport.”

Driving across the Bay Bridge, I was worried that I would be late, since I had gotten side tracked by so many things. I finally pulled up to BWI around 6:50 pm. Henry’s plane was scheduled to arrive at 7:08pm, so I was relieved to be early.

I rode the elevator up to the skywalk and crossed into the terminal. I looked around for the Conair terminal, which is what Henry told me. Not finding anything on Conair, I checked the arrival board and found his flight……Delta…….Boston to BWI arriving at 7:08pm. Then I noticed the worst words that I could possibly have seen next to the flight: CANCELLED!

I approached the Delta Airlines ticket counter and inquired about my friend Henry, and how he would be getting to BWI. They informed me that they had rebooked him on another flight going to Cincinnati, where he would board a connecting flight to BWI. The second flight was scheduled to land at 10:23pm.

Looking at the terminal, the counterwoman made a face. I asked her what was wrong and she informed me, that the first flight from Boston had been delayed. With that delay, they were not sure if Henry would make his connecting flight.

To be continued……………………………..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home