Sunday, June 11, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend, I had tickets to the HFStival which is a concert put on by a local radio station. This year it was held at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Now, this was my first concert, so I wanted to get there nice and early. Unfortunately, my friend Kiera and I got there at 11am and the two main performers.
Even that early, there was still a big crowd there. This being my first concert, I was excited and I was glad to share it with Kiera. Even though we forgot most of our supplies, and Kiera was irritated that she could not retrieve her backpack/purse.

One of the performers there this years was Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. She played alot of her old stuff, which still whippped the crowd into a frenzy, but she also played some new stuff. Well it was new to me and still she rocked the house. Unfortunately, these were the closest shots I could get of her, but she looks better then ever with the ripped bod and the short dark hair.

While looking at the program, me and Kiera recognized a name from our own small town....Niki Barr. She was playing on the local stage and we definitely had to stop by and see her. My friend Kiera went and got her autograph, since she basically had every cd that Niki had made and had her autograph on every one of them. It's weird seeing someone who you knew from your highschool and town grow up and make a name for themselves. Between Joan and Niki, the tickets were definitely worth the price

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home