Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lady in the Water

This past Tuesday, I went to the movies with my friend to see Lady In the Water. I thought it was a horror movie, but it was not. It did have an interesting plot, but I thought the execution of it was very very poor.

One thing that made me not enjoy the movie was the kids at the back of the theater constantly talking and fooling around. I kept wishing I had a remote that would put them in a soundproof bubble so they would never disturb another movie-goer again. Unfortunately, I haven't perfected that technology yet.

Another aspect that kept me from drawing myself inside the movie was the name M. Night Shyamalan choose for his fairytale character....the NARF. People who know me, know my love of the cartoon Pinky and the Brain from warner brothers Animaniacs. One of Pinky's favorite catch phrases was "NARF!" Everytime they mentioned the fairytale character's name, I wanted to look at my friend and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:46:00 AM, Blogger . said...

Thank you! I thought the same thing when I saw the flick.

It was too bad that the mermaid wasn't eaten by the NARF- it would have made the movie SO much more interesting. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home